The admission requirements for the MA(Research) are as shown :
- A bachelor degree of at least Upper Second class; in a field relevant to the proposed research topic from a recognized university;
For applications whose mother tongue is not English, a good IELTS score is required. This requirement is waived if applications have earned their bachelor's degree from a university where English is the medium of instruction;
To demonstrate the ability to pursue research in the applicant's proposed field of advanced study, applicants should include with their application a 1,000 word research proposal; portfolio, if applicable; samples of academic writing; and a personal statement on why they intend to pursue the proposed area of study.
Nanyang Technological University's academic year commences in August and ends in July of the following year.
ADM has one intake per academic year in August. The application deadline is as shown below:
|| From 01 October 2017 to 15 November 2017|
How to Apply
Applications are to submit on-line at NTU's Graduate Research System (GRAS) at:
The code for ADM's MA (Research) programme is .
- Academic transcripts and certificate for Bachelor degree
- 1000-word research proposal, with bibliography
- Artistic Portfolio
An original and creative piece of work related to the proposed research area. It could be a drawing, computer animations, short films, etc.
It could be an undergraduate essay or a published / unpublished article
- Report from 2 academic referees
Before you provide the name and email address of your referees, please ensure that they had already agreed to fill out the online referee report form for your NTU application.
- Scholarly writing sample, if available
- Personal statement
A short essay on your aspirations and why you identify ADM as the place to pursue your Master of Arts.
- IELTS (if applicable)
- Passport’s personal particular page / Identification card
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph