About ADM's Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Art, Design and Media
The School of Art, Design and Media's doctoral programme provides creative research opportunities in a wide spectrum of academic areas. Students are expected and encouraged to develop innovative ways of thinking, and to experiment and create in a range of media. This programme also acts as an incubator for the development and realization of original artistic and professional productions, including design, interactive media, film, animation and new art forms.
Through exploration of new ideas, creative practices and theories, the expectation is that students will transform the field. A collaboration of internationally recognized faculty members, visiting artists and scholars, offers a unique educational environment that is world-renowned. Creative and production cooperation between faculty and students is encouraged and the development of worldwide co-production opportunities is fostered.
Our internationally renowned faculty members who combine theory and practice, preparing student artists to theorize their own experience in art, design and media.
- Dynamic hub where international scholars, thinkers, and artists share their experiences with graduate students through regular ADM Lecture Series, workshops, screenings, exhibitions, and Digital Humanities Research Cluster.
- Cutting-edge resources and facilities including ADM Library, research lounge for ADM graduate students, sound stage, motion-capture studio, 3D printing lab, movie theatres, dark room, print lab, digital sound lab, sound mixing studio, virtual reality (VR) studio, animation, and editing suites.
- Active graduate communities, such as Graduate Club and TGIF (Thoughtful Gathering and Insightful Friday), where students share their own research and thoughts.
- Interdisciplinary approach to embrace diverse disciplines at NTU while we stand at the centre of our core question on Art, Design and Media.
- Multicultural environment where diversity becomes a prerequisite for intellectual dialogues and creative collaborations for innovative thinking.
Graduate Class Schedule for Semester 1, AY 2020/2021
Guided Study: Advanced Interdisciplinary Research in Media
|Prof Vibeke Sorensen
|AP9040 Exhibition Design
0930 - 1230
|Assoc Prof Laura Miotto
AP9047 Seminar in Media Production
1300 – 1600
|Asst Prof Ross Williams