• Introduction to the course
• Overview of the filmmaking process – pre-production, production and post-production.
• Overview of key filmmaking personnel, their duties, and responsibilities.
• Fundamental filmmaking protocols, including equipment and facility management; health and safety; basic proficiencies in cameras, lenses, lighting, grip, sound, and editing equipment.
• Introduction to the film production
• Production and crew protocols before and during a film shoot.
• Basic principles of producing: scheduling, budgeting and set management.
• Basic principles of directing: script supervision, continuity, casting and performance.
• Basic principles of cinematography and location sound: camera, lighting, grip, and field recording.