• Recap of audio engineering facilities and the history and evolution of film sound.
• Introduction to advanced Audio Post-Production processes
- Media, audio file formats, video synchronisation formats etc.
• Advanced studio recording techniques:
- Microphones, cabling and patching techniques, live recordings etc.
• Audio post-production practices
• Taking direction from a director, and understanding the role of a spotting session in designing a soundscape that complements a visual narrative
• Advanced synchronization of sound to film:
- Working directly with sound synchronisation software
- Collaborating with film editors and off-line picture edits
• Directing foley-recording
• Recording dialogue using automatic dialogue replacement
• Recording and manipulating atmosphere tracks
• How to present, place and edit both temporary and sourced music tracks and to work with composers and musicians, to create a soundscape