• Overview of the role and responsibilities of a film director during pre-production, production and post-production.
• Auteur theory and its impact on contemporary cinema.
• Directorial choices in creating an authorial style, different filmmaking methodologies, supported by film and scene viewings.
• Introduction to practical directing
• Script analysis.
• Rehearsals and Actor Workshops: Performance techniques and the screen actor’s methods for creating character, movement, gesture and voice that communicates emotional truth and meaning.
• Directorial tools and techniques for communicating with actors to shape performance in rehearsals as well as on set